Biasi Riva Compact M96.24SM/C2 ignition fail after a few minutes

I gather from what you said, that engineers actually capable of diagnosing boiler faults are few and far between,

More accurately ""installers actually capable of diagnosing boiler faults are few and far between""

The RGI has a qualification that suggests he or she has the ability and knowledge to be able to install gas piping and certain types of gas appliances to a certain standard of safety.

Most can follow the manufacturer's fault finding flow diagrams which will identify the part most likely to need replacing for about 90% of the single item faults.

It gets interesting when fault is one of the 10% not covered by the fault finding flow diagrams.

It gets expensive when the fault finding flow diagrams suggest replacing an item which has been damaged by a fault on a different item. An engineer trained / experienced on that particular boiler is likely to check why the item failed before replacing it. This avoids the new item being damaged as soon as it is fitted and the boiler tested.

Sponsored Links
Anyway, we took your advice and contacted Biasi who gave us a couple of local engineers and having contacted one, he is coming this evening. Assuming he fixes the boiler, I will report back in case it helps someone else with a similar fault.

It would be good to hear what the fault was. Although I am very confident that my expectation will be the cause.

It will not greatly help others though as there can be several causes of most boiler faults and strictly speaking the likely fault on yours should only be repaired by a gas registered engineer. So it is not suitable for a DIY repair.

Tony

Hi All have a similar issue with my boiler. Its been off for a few months and when we tried to fire it up it ignited and stayed on for a short while. However now it just cycles through a quick flash of green on the first light followed by a solid Red on the second which then goes off and then there a green flash on the last light before it starts all over again. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Very unfortunately, Jim who started this thread, has not bothered to tell us what the cause of his fault was.

I think that you are going to need to call an engineer with diagnostic experience, read this thread about that, who can come and diagnose the problem.

The only place to diagnose a boiler fault is at the boiler! Anyone who tries anything else will only be guessing!

Tony

Hello Tony, yes very unfortunate. Was just wondering if you or anyone has come across the light sequence i mentioned above and could relate.

That is usually a faulty PCB.

But before considering replacing an expensive component all the rest of the boiler components need checking.

Replacing the PCB is sometimes not such as simple task as setting them up can be very tedious.

Tony

so you have repaired 1000 of these boilers so made £87,000 in labour alone repairing these ???? you talk so much Shoite Tony, and an old school BG engineer with 30 years experience has forgotten more than you will ever know

if the heating is working ok, and it cuts out after a few mins on hot water, this is a common problem with these.
I went to one with same problem, talked to the biasi tech advised to strip it down, and clean the venturi, fan, main and secondary heat ex, have to drain to take out the secondary heat ex, to clean it, clean the sump, condensate, and check the seals. then after checking low burner pressure, then high burner pressures, etc, your gas safe engineer will need about two hours. approximately.
then after your gas safe engineer completes that, he can start looking for faulty components if the problem persists.

so you have repaired 1000 of these boilers so made £87,000 in labour alone repairing these ???? you talk so much Shoite Tony

These boilers came out about 13 years ago!

So why do you not think that I will not have repaired a few since then?

For a few years I was repairing them under the warranty for Biasi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back