Biasi Riva M90E 24S Expansion Vessel pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please kindly advice me how much pressure should be filled in this EV for the above boiler, yesterday the pressure release valve started to drip and the gauge was showing well over 3 Bars, the flow temperature was around 60c, and had not been altered for months, so I suspected that something may have gone wrong with the EV, and so I first checked by poking the needle valve in the nipple, a very loud hiss and lots of air gushed out, so that indicated there was a strong and a lot of air pressure, and air volume that escaped, as I didn't use a pressure gauge.

So now since I lost quite a bit of pressure through this rather orthodox test, I need to replenish the lost air pressure, and later on today I also released all the pressure to ensure there was no signs of a water leakage past its diaphragm, so luckily there was no sign of any water , but i now need to fill it up again,and for now I have pressured it to 1 bar, but need to know what it should be exact, and how to fill it up using proper procedure, do I allow the CH to cool down and then isolate the flow and return pipes and release any pressure in the boiler and then fill up the air? and how many bars or bar?
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back