Biasi/Savio 428S - Roomstat or not ?

1. I have set Target Temp at 18 degs and the room temp got there, boiler switched off, fine, but the room temp dropped to 16.5 before boiler came back on.
You should not be getting such a wide differential between on and off. Are these temperatures what the stat shows or what your digi thermos show?

I have a couple of digi thermos near the roomstat and both read about 2 degs above roomstat reading for room temp. I have used these digi thermos for my tropical fishtanks and have found them quite accurate, is it poss that the roomstat readout is inaccurate for some reason?
Yes this can happen, it can be due to location of the stat. Honeywell provide a means of setting the stat so it shows the same temperature as an external thermometer. It's in the installation manual, Parameter 12:tO, temperature offset.

ps - think the e61 is a Nokia (or a BMW...)
Don't have a mobile; can't afford a Beemer. :(

Sponsored Links
In reply to your prompt response D-H

The temps were displayed on the roomstat, 18 deg Target and 16.5 Room Temp. But I have to admit that after that 'slow response' at 16.5, it has been fine and responsive since.

If I adjust the offset to match the thermos, will the Target stay the same? So in theory (with say a 2 degree offset) I could have a Room Temp of 19 (Actual 17) and a Target of 18 and still have a call for heat?

S

ps - I have a mobile and a beamer but know which would be thrown in the lake first...

The room stats are designed to be slow to respond so they dont keep giving false switching when anyone walks past or any other slight change of temperature.

This can also mean that they are lagging in their display of temperature which its rising or falling compared with a steady state.

Tony

The temps were displayed on the roomstat, 18 deg Target and 16.5 Room Temp. But I have to admit that after that 'slow response' at 16.5, it has been fine and responsive since.
Could be the stat was still learning. I read somewhere that these stats measure the air temperature and the temperature of the surface they are mounted on, though I can't see how this works if it in the table stand.

If I adjust the offset to match the thermos, will the Target stay the same? So in theory (with say a 2 degree offset) I could have a Room Temp of 19 (Actual 17) and a Target of 18 and still have a call for heat?
But the actual is not 17, its 19, as confirmed by the thermometers. The stat, for some reason, is reading two degrees low.

If you adjust the offset so the stat displays the same temperature as the digital thermometers. The target will be what the stat displays. So if you set it to 20 it will bring the temperature up to 20 and maintain it at that temperature. Both stat and thermometer will read 20.

Your example is slightly wrong. Say you have an offset of 2 degrees, so the stat shows 19, instead of 17, when the thermos show 19. Everything changes by 2 degrees, including the Target.

Once you have changed the offset you can forget about it. You set the target to what you want and it will do the job. The only difference is that the stat and the thermos will agree with each other.

Sponsored Links
Well, Thanks to all who have taken the trouble to help on this one - as always this forum hasn't dissapointed me. Great Guys ( or goils maybe..)

BUT - I think I need to put a full stop on this thread. This Honeywell thing seems to be doing a damn good job. I have it Auto for most of the time but use Manual to over-ride when Auto not appropriate.

I have to admit that I think it was 'man against the machine' at first (ie - me versus the algorythym).

But it seems to be doing a good job - easy to use, and logical, so it has my recommendation.

Again - Thanks to all, and compliments of the season to you.

SjH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back