Big Curtain Rail - Big Problems!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently took delivery of our Silent Gliss heavy duty curtain rail that has been proffessionaly bent. I attempted to put it up at the weekend but hit a few probs. The first being the plaster I'm drilling into isn't the best and the rawl plugs have a tendancy of getting lost!! Would a batton be a good solution? Secondly, the curtains have a 9ft drop so weigh a tonne. Although it's a heay duty track, the clips are just normal plastic ones and don't look particularly hardy - also we only got 7 of these which I don't think is enough. If I double the clips and screw them into a batton, how secure will it be? Have I got any other options, are there stronger rail clips availible??? Bear in mind these curtains are huge!!!

Many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
you need some decent heavy duty rawl plugs and probably some no 10 screws,try drilling the wall with a smaller drill than the rawl plug states and tap the plug in with a hammer,you can also drill deeper into the wall to hit good brick and use longer screws to tap in the rawl plug,this probably is you easiest method for a decent fixing

I found those screw in plasterboard fixings (the metal ones seem best) when trying to hang things on a wall plasterd with mud and horse hair!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back