Big Window (3 units) Installation steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a big 3 unit Window to install (see picture)
It comes with one big sill, i.e. three window units but the sill is one long unit.

Normally, when I install a small window, I silicone and screw in the sill to the window before the installation. In this case it is a bit different. Can you please let me know what are the general steps on installing the units? Do I first screw the sill in to the wall then install the the units one by one on top of it? Or any other approach?

Thanks,

window-png.81986

Attachments

• window.png
    window.png
    288.3 KB · Views: 245
Sponsored Links
Assuming the cill will be in one piece and not 3 separate cills then place the cill in situ first, doesn't need be fixed anywhere at this stage, run a bead of silicone along it making sure you create a dam at each end with silicone just to stop water travelling off the end of the cill and poss wetting your internal plaster reveals then place the windows on the cill and screw down through the frame into the cill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back