BioDisc --anyone know how to fit a belt that has fallen off

Thanks all -- I did manage to get it on with the manual crank method and if fell off as predicted....which of course I repeated a couple of times but within 15 mins each time it was off. There is no tensioner that I can see, its just a little pulley on the electric motor and a large on the axle with the discs. I do notice on the later year models they have a flange around the outside of the large pulley which I presume was to stop this type of issue. I'll be getting it serviced/emptied asap but might try the usual trick of a flat piece of wood to try to see if the pulleys have become unaligned causing the belt to fall off rather than something more fatal like the bearings etc (always the optimist!)
I can't see it now, but I think somebody posted a Klargester brochure, with a picture of the drive set-up. That showed the motor/gearbox mounting plate on 2 lengths of threaded rod. Maybe 2 more behind, or maybe just a hinge of some sort, you can't see. If yours is like that there should be no problem aligning the pulleys and tensioning the belt correctly.

Sponsored Links
Not seen one yet with a tensioner, but they have changed the design over the years, with the newer models taking account of the flaws in the predecessors. Bear in mind if the disc has been sitting in one position for some time, the immersed sections of the discs will be a lot heavier than the dry sections, which may be sufficient to unbalance it enough to keep throwing the belt off.

Could be worth trying to wet the discs with a hosepipe then try starting it up.

I know this is an old thread but…in case anyone else is looking for the answer.

The pulleys are on the chassis of the unit and there is a threaded stabilising bar. On the metal plate this attaches to are two bolts. Slacken them off and you can tighten the belt.

Hope that help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back