Bird's Nest Anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry once again for poor res. But you get the idea.... :eek: :eek:
This was carried out by someone claiming to be fully qualified and promising to work to all the necessary building regs. And the customer was charged £250.00 all in.

BirdsNestI.jpg

BirdsNestII.jpg

Sponsored Links
And the customer looked at that and thought it was ok enough to cough up?

Its amazing whatsome will put up for it, thankfully my customers don't have to!

Funnily enough, when I was breaking the bad news to the couple, she said,

"Do you know, I looked at it when he did it and thought it wasn't right!"

Nothing that a built-in cupboard won't cure. :LOL:

Whats with the earth tape on the (32A) mcb?
Why are some empty mcb's in the on position?
Why did she not say, "My husband will pay you tomorrow."

Sponsored Links
:eek: :eek:

rough as a badgers.

twin RCD, so probably not very old, so i assume its been notified? :)

I imagine that the dangerous chancer who did this probably got his knowledge from a readers digest book on 'how to do stuff with wires'

Can you post a pic of the EIC as well, or does your camera not pick up wax crayon writing very well? :)

This was carried out by someone claiming to be fully qualified
He probably was.

Do you know how many CUs you have to successfully install in order to get the EAL Domestic Installer qualification?

Hint: it's a round number.

I like the 6 or 10mm straight off the top of the main switch.

Some people just need shooting! safer for everybody in the long run.

And the customer looked at that and thought it was ok enough to cough up?

I can't help thinking that even somebody with almost zero technical knowlegde surely couldn't look at that as the finished article and think it was acceptable. :eek:

I like the 6 or 10mm straight off the top of the main switch.
I hadn't noticed that.

It means that this:
This was carried out by someone claiming to be fully qualified and promising to work to all the necessary building regs.
was a falsehood, and the customer should be advised to go after the cowboy who lied, broke the law and cheated him.

What's the size of the cable inserted into that B32 MCB next to the main switch?

Looks a bit thin to me.

It means that this:
This was carried out by someone claiming to be fully qualified and promising to work to all the necessary building regs.
was a falsehood, and the customer should be advised to go after the cowboy who lied, broke the law and cheated him.

I told the customer that he had broken the law and that he should be chased up and also to notify his trade body (if any).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back