biscuit jointer opinions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy a biscuit jointer there are two which fit into my budget which are the Dewalt DW682k rrp £180 and the Makita PJ7000 rrp £228.

I have found mixed and mostly negative reviews of the dewalt but cannot find any reviews on the makita. Trend also have a jointer within my budget but read a review that absolutely slated it.

I am veering away from dewalt having had 3 of their xrp combined drills, first one the trigger packed up out of warranty. Second one the chuck kept releasing when drilling then the trigger packed up dewalt gave me a new one but this still has the chuck problem.

So could I have your opinions please and experiences of any of the above or any other jointers which I haven't found.

Cheers Chirpy, BTW I need it for a job this week :D

Sponsored Links
you doing much?
or a 1 off job?
ive got a dewalt and find its ok,lets face it 'its a biscuit jointer' it does exactly what it says on the tin ;)

AND ive still got my old 1 which was a screwfix special 'ferm' still going strong and that got used a hell of a lot,does exactly the same as the dewalt.

Sponsored Links
Sporadic really, I need it once this week oak work tops, then all week in dDecember for a fancy oak shelving system, "veneered mdf", mostly worktops. I've always borrowed one of a mate, but I don't like borrowing tools really.

I've got a biscuiter for my router, but its s bit of a faf, anyway I bit the bullet and bought the Makita today from FFX best price anywhere.

Thank you for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back