Biscuit Jointers

Sponsored Links
Is it worth buying a biscuit jointer for a few one off diy jobs?

Maybe look at getting a router and a biscuit cutter bit, its far more useful as you can do loads with it.

Screwfix had a wicked deal on a 2000W 1/2" Dewalt router for £60 but sold out very quickly in clearance.

Who bought em all? come on who has them piled up in there spare room waiting to go on ebay at £250 each?

if your only doing the odd job every now and then,then a cheapo will do the job,BUT make sure you get 1 with a decent adjustable fence.
years back i bought a cheapo ferm jointer,brilliant piece of kit.still have it but it has been retired from main stream work as i was supplied with a dewalt jobbie.

Having never used a router before, getting one to cut biscuits seems a bit expert to me!

It seems there's nothing in the middle range - you either have el cheapo or expert. How can I determine if one has a 'decent adjustable fence'?

I'd happily pay £100-120 for a decent accurate one. Saw one for £1,200!

Sponsored Links
yeah that should do the job,especially as it has a 3 year warranty.use it abuse it,if it breaks take it back.
iirc i paid about £50 for my old ferm 1.

I have one of those. I don't use biscuits much so it's not had a lot of use. It's ok, does the job. Just be prepared to test on a bit of scrap before making the cuts proper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back