Bite the bullet?

Sponsored Links
Well up to now you have not had a competent CORGI to diagnose and repair your boiler.

British Gas would have done a fixed price repair for about £210. Unlike your nupty they would complete the repair !

So far you have told us that your gas valve has been replaced but the problems have not all been solved.

Surely your next step is to call back the CORGI man and get him to sort it out properly.

Have you checked out his CORGI number?

Tony

No not checked and he is away this week if i phone british gas and pay 200ish would that still be worth it cheers not sure i trust him now

roy

Are you sure he is not working away for his employer and doing your job on the side ( for which he is not CORGI registered ) ?

A BG fixed price repair is a pretty sure way of getting it fixed ( eventually ) but after what you have spent so far it will make the whole job a very expensive one.

I have not checked this myself but Namsag says:-

"BG have changed the prices, you can now get it for £99 by signing up for contract that costs £2 a month so fixed price repair is £123 as it would be a 12 month contract".

There might be a cooling off period built into that offer where you cannot call them for a few weeks after you have started. Also read the small print, it may be £99 per fault and they could probably count several on your boiler and you may not be able to pick and choose which ones you get them to repair.

I always advise people to get a local competent CORGI as they are usually faster and cheaper. But, finding someone who is good is not always that easy.

In your case I would say that what you have spent so far has been wasted as it seems that he was not competent and is probably working on the side illegally. Where does he say he is?

Tony

Sponsored Links
He told me he was going away even before he changed valve i dont want to slag him off but suppose we live n learn can you reccomend anyone in manchester area to either repair or replace boiler, if bgas have qualifying period not sure if we can wait that long and would they not come and check it first? thanks

roy

BG do several different contracts/call outs, it may be worth ringing them and asking to see which one ,if any, would suit you best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back