Bituhtene 2000 v 4000. What's the diff ..????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have a workshop that need to be waterproofed on one wall and under the floor slab.

The architect has specified bituhene 2000 but would bituthene 4000 be suitable as I can get a load of this much cheaper.

Sponsored Links
many thanks for that i had read the tech spec but it makes as much sense a chocolate tea pot.

we are building a workshop which is partly sunken. i.e. one wall is below ground level and will butting up to a brick filled gabion basket retaining wall i have attached a picture of where it will be going as well as a copy of the drawing this may make more sense below

View media item 57732
View media item 59981

Sponsored Links
The block work shown on the plans is to be built in front of the Gabions the reason for this is the gab ions are supporting over 2000 tonnes of soil behind them. As per the Plan we will build a 3 course thick wall. The first will be block work which have the membrane attached to it. We will then build a double skinned wall for the the work shop and back fill between the Gabon and the first wall with gravel for drainage. Hope this is clear Jon.

That looks a very interesting project! I'm a bit of a gabion fan too..

As for the bituthene, seeing as how it's protected on both sides by blockwork, surely it can't get damaged and will be certainly "fit for purpose" IMO :)

Yes if sandwiched between masonry and manufacturers instructions are followed then it'll be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back