Bitumen over Quarry Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've just ripped out a thick layer of bitumen off of my dining room floor and kitchen floor.

I\\\'m trying to find a way of cleaning this as well as protecting them.

A friend of mine has recommender a special paint stripper which should be left on for 3 months? and then to paint it with quarry tile paint in red?

Is this the best way to go?

Please help.

Nik in Leicester

Sponsored Links
Are you saying you have bitumen on top of the quarry tiles that need to be remove so the top of the quarry tiles is your finish floor?

Masona,

No you mis-read my message...

As I said, I have ripped off the layer of crap off the tiles, and they are in perfect condition, just need a good clean and polish.

My question was, whats the best way to clean them and treat them.

I've been told they will need at least 3 months to give them a good airing before I do anything to them as damp would have had no where to go except across and up the walls - although, I have no evidence of damp in my home.

However, as most quarry tiles are laid on earth, its probably best to give them a good time period to air them right?

Does anyone know who I am on about?

Nik

Sponsored Links
Ahhh, the way I read it from your topic title " Bitumen over quarry tiles".
See this and also do a search on google and type in "restoring quarry tiles", some good info on there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back