Bitumen painted OSB for garden office back walls?

Sponsored Links
Really...
But he's certainly used incorrect hollow soffit as vertical cladding :rolleyes:
----------------------
Soffits are horizontal, and hollow board should not be used vertically due to the exposed nailing. So a hollow soffit board is for horizontal soffits that don't get wet.

But cowboys tend to use them because its cheaper than proper shiplap, and its quicker to do. And only idiots actually specify it on a quote.
---------------------
hollow soffit has be used (and fitted) incorrectly for vertical fascia/cladding.

It's not just poor quality, but it is actually incompetent/fraudulent, and if she gets no luck from the roofing firm, then its one for the council's consumer protection/trading standards to get involved with.

Yeeehaar!
Oh dear. There's nothing like quoting out of context. Perhaps I'm lucky that I didn't pay myself or have a contract with myself like the OPs in those threads, so didn't have to worry about being mislead.

And perhaps, without being too modest, when you know what should be done and what could be done, you're in a different position.

And for the record, I've also used fixings which weren't corrosion resistant, and un treated timber in the garden. I'll have a look how they're doing after a few decades and report back to you for advice.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear. There's nothing like quoting out of context. Perhaps I'm lucky that I didn't pay myself or have a contract with myself like the OPs in those threads, so didn't have to worry about being mislead.

And perhaps, without being too modest, when you know what should be done and what could be done, you're in a different position.

And for the record, I've also used fixings which weren't corrosion resistant, and un treated timber in the garden. I'll have a look how they're doing after a few decades and report back to you for advice.
Touchy. :sneaky:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back