Black crud in new central heating system

On this forum I was laughed at by other installers because I use X300 to flush a new radiator system. Seems no one else on here ever does!

One of the worst systems that I ever went to was only seven weeks old and the pump had been spoilt by dirt caused by untreated flux having dissolved the steel on the inside of the rads.

Tony

Only time I ever fitted a full system from scratch I used X300, hot flush, then multiple cold flushes till water was colourless, 3 years on I took a sample and it looked like drinking water it was spotless. I sometimes wander if the "Sludge" removal chemicals are that good with flux

Seriously SGM, you've only ever fitted one complete system in your whole career?? Frankly I'm amazed by that!!!

Sponsored Links
Yep. I Wasnt an installer. Was a repair bod for BG. the two are kept seperate generally in BG. The system in question was for a family member so wasnt even at work lol

They are formulated for completely different purposes.

I once did a boiler repair for a nurse and she was worried about the chemical treatment of her system water.

I took a sample and told her it was perfectly clean.

She looked a little disbelieving so I drunk some of it!

Tony

That does explain a few things :mrgreen:

Most of the general cleansers do state they remove flux residue, but im not convinced on how well. And certianly makes you think when they make a seperate product spesifically for new installs/flux.

Do fernox make an equivilent to X300?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back