Blagdon Powersafe Switch box

Sponsored Links
The overwhelmingly likely option to be chosen to ensure compliance with P1 does require testing.

Stop talking nonsense like that holmslaw.

1) Manufacturer's instructions CANNOT be followed if following them leads to a contravention of other regulations.

2) BS 7671 does not say that ONLY what the instructions direct is what must be done. Not saying that testing should be carried out does not mean that testing is forbidden, and only a complete idiot or a dangerous w*nker with an ulterior motive would try to make out that it did.

Boz1969 - ignore holmslaw, he delights in inventing bizarre interpretations of the regulations in order to discredit them. Whoever installed that switch should have tested it.

Sponsored Links
I'm not talking nonsense, the reg re MI's is nonsense.
Then why insist that people have to follow that one and ignore the thousands of others.

There is no such statement in the regs, all they say is MI's must be followed.
They also have lots of other "musts".

If there's a conflict, what is your motive in trying to tell people that they must comply with 134.1.1 and must not comply with the rest of the regulations?

They most clearly do.
They most clearly do not.

It clearly says "Electrical equipment shall be installed in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the equipment."

It clearly does not say "When installing electrical equipment only the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the equipment shall be followed and no other regulations may be complied with."

True, but again thats not what the regs say.
The regulations do not say, or even imply, that if the MI's instructions do not say to carry out tests that testing is forbidden.

I am only pointing out what a regulation states,
No you are not - you are being either an idiot or a dangerous w*nker with an ulterior motive.

just because the wording was chosen by some manufacturer after the third bottle of vintage port doesn't change what the reg says.
As I've said before - you are determined to discredit the entire Wiring Regulations.

Reg 134.1.1 states "Electrical equipment shall be installed in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturers of the equipment"

Thats one statement, no caveates, no if's and's or but's, no conditional statements of any kind. It's your interpretation of that very clear statement that is bizarre.
Where are the words that add to that statement a prohibition on also complying with regulations which apply to the installation of the equipment which the instructions provided by the manufacturer do not forbid?

That is your own worthless opinion, and is not backed up by the regs.
Try reading Part 6.

It's all sorted now peoples, school boy error on my part, the neutral link in the RCD not making a good connection. Thanks for all you help.

It's all sorted now peoples, school boy error on my part, the neutral link in the RCD not making a good connection. Thanks for all you help.

Not to mention no sleeving and the general nastiness of the 'installation'. Lots of pre-school errors there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back