blank screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is what is happening exactly with my PC and any replies would be good.

1/ Press button on the front
2/ light comes on / no other sounds (Beeps)
3/ monitor has a blank screen (on standby)
4/ Try to switched screen on from button on the front clicks straight to standby.
5/ Monitor works because when i remove the connection from the back of the computer its states no signal / also tried a monitor i know works and it does the same thing, so i assume it is not the monitor.
6/ The fans are running and the hard drive is spinning.
7/ Tried running the computer with everything disconnected all drives mouse, printer, floppy, dvd drive, cd drive.
8/ turned on with only the memory in place after reseating it and all the graphics cards and the memory several times.
9/ still no response.
10/ Changed the motherboard battery and left a bit of time before putting new one in.
11/ no change
12/ Advised it was the graphics card so bought a new one.
13/ hey presto it works, well for 3 days anyway then .......
14/ no response, as per 1-7
15/ didnt work again or since
Is there anything else i can try? or is that it.

16/ bought a new computer turned it on and it appeared to have the same problem as the above 1-6

17/ I have since taken the new one back and got my money back they said it was the motherboard.

If this problem sounds familiar im just trying to come from a different angle to see it it rings a bell with anyone and i can get my old computer running again?? I may not have been explaining it very well.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
could be a variety of things, mobo, vid card,ram, cpu, psu, best bet is take it to a repair shop.

Are you using any other old peripherals, printers, scanners etc. I'm wondering if the fault could be with an external device and it is damaging the machines when connected?

Sponsored Links
Not using any old ones just the ones that came with the computers,
old computer- printer mouse and keyboard and same with the new one that has been returned.

To be honest i was told it was the motherboard on the original computer after putting in the new graphics card and the computer having the same fault return after a few days but could not get another motherboard as it was too old (5 Years). At that point i bought a new one and only used what came with it.

Back