Blanking one side of a compression fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 22mm brass compression equal tee, with one leg feeding a redundant water tank which I want to remove. The easiest way as far as I can see is to use a blanking disc on one of the joints. My question is - are these brass discs universal, and so any disc will work with any particular brand of compression tee? What about a blanking nut - whats the advantage of one over the other??

Obviously I could just cut the pipe after the tee and fit a stop end, but space is awkward but mainly I don't want to find it is an old 3/4" pipe for which I have no suitable olives :( .

(....I think I saw a description of one which possibly suggested it also had a rubber washer - do some, and if so are they a better choice?).

(......as another aside, where stocks a similar way of blanking a Hep2o joint?
)

Sponsored Links
Swap the compression Tee for an elbow, you can use the same nuts and olives. May be able to do the same with the Hep joint, make sure all the components are retained in the right order though when swapping the fitting over.

I guess, but isn't there potential for leaks as I would effectively be using the same olives twice which I thought wasn't recommended? Actually, on thinking its the two sides of the tee in-line that are being retained so an elbow won't work for either the brass or plastic.

So use straights, if there's enough movement to take up the difference, shouldn't be a problem using the olives again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back