Compression Fitting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to add a bidet shower hose to my toilet. Am stuck at the joint as to what I would require to join the tee compression with the toilet tank. I have seen in you tube videos that the copper pipe slides in the tee compression hole but I got a piece of copper pipe and it just doesn't go in the hole for tee compression hole. Any suggestions welcome

Image for the current fitting at the following link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65231752@N00/16973879803/in/dateposted-public/
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Sorry that is all wrong, :( the union on the end of the isolation valve is designed to fit the tail on the toilet which is flat, the tee has a thin tapered seat and although it will sometime work it is not designed for that it may well cut the washer.

You need to insert the tee in the pipe below the isolation valve. Very tight for space though, you may well need to remove some of the trunking.

I would replace the isolation valve too, firstly because the washer may have been damaged (they have to be just perfectly lined up and not overtightened) and you might be able to find a slightly shorter one if you shop around to give a bit more space to work.

just wondering how many water regs u might break by teeing your bidet into that supply :?: ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back