Blast From The Past!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Clearing out our filing cabinets, we came across an service user guide for One 2 One PAYG.

In pride of place on the inside front cover is a national coverage map with small print so small you cannot hope to read it without an electron microscope!!!

Proudly mentioned is the fact that 121 PAYG service is EFR compatible offering the clearest sound quality you can get from one 2 one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_full_rate

No mention of SIM, instead it was a smartcard (the old CC sized one) or mini smart card (the SIM we know now).

Topping Up was called "Crediting your account".

Those were the days!

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of the time when I got the OK from head office to buy 2 mobile phones for 2 of my supervisors who covered North Wales.
At the time, 1986, there were no local shops and I placed the order for them from an exhibition held at our football stadium.
The cost of each one was £1500 ! and they were the size of a brick.

in 1986, I won a car phone in a competition. I had to go to an installation centre and have it wired in to the vehicle. The guy fitting it said it was worth £2,000. I had it for about a year and used it very rarely, but the bill still came in at £400. Luckily I sold it for £400 and paid my bill.

It was 'state of the art' back then and huge but it looked great in my Fiat Uno :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back