BLEEDING HEATING SYSTEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP,I AM TRYING TO BLEED MY HEATING SYSTEM AFTER CLEANING OUT THE D/ STAIRS RADIATORS BUT IM HAVING NO LUCK , THE SMALL WATER TANK IN THE LOFT DID NOT EMPTY AFTER DRAINING THE SYSTEM I PRESSUME IT IS AN AIRLOCK OR A BLOCKAGE BETWEEN THE TANK IN THE LOFT AND THE BOILER ITSELF,WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAR THIS? MY SYSTEM HAS NOT GOT THE LOOP BLEEDING FUNCTION

Sponsored Links
Probably got a blockage in the cold feed pipe.
Have you opened any upstairs radiator bleed valves while tryingto bleed downstairs?
You could force an airlock out by disconnecting a downstairs rad and connecting a hose...
You may have a blockage in which case you will need to find it and remove.

Whats this loop bleeding function then?

And there was no need to SHOUT! ;)

You can try this:

fe1.gif

It will allow you to bled your radiators, and might blow the blockage back into the header tank - don't overpressurise the system and remove the hose afterwards!
Open the stop cock for maybe 10 seconds and close it, try bleeding rads and see how it goes. You'll be compressing the air in the system, while it fills, which will hold the pressure down.

Sponsored Links
Great pic!

Blocked cold feed I suspect.

Rubber tube on the blowtorch shoved in the cold feed may shift it, but it may need further attention.

DONT DRAIN IF YOU CANT REFILL!

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back