Blending into old plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all been asked to do a job for a friend where they have extended a stud wall and now want it plastered, but does not want the whole wall done just the new plaster board. What is the best way to plaster the new wall and blend it into the old plaster without it being noticeable?

Cheers Nige

Sponsored Links
Can you plaster? Getting an invisible join can be done but it often involves more work (& usually some filling!) than skimming the whole wall. I always prefer to do this, the cost of extra materials is minimal as the amount of extra time involved between blending in & skimming the whole wall (unless its really large) is often minimal & it’s the only real way I will guarantee you not seeing the join. If you can you give a bit more information regarding how the stud has been extended/joined, I can give more detailed advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back