block paving & ants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had 140 square metres of block paving done to my drive and every morning when i get up i have little sand piles all over it that ants have made.
After looking on the internet it makes me very concerned that these will eventually make the pavings sink.
I don't want to have the drive sealed as the water doesn't run well and will leave the odd puddle.
I have used all different kinds of ant killers and get etc with not much affect as the sand piles are everywhere.
Not sure if I am worrying about nothing and eventually they will move due to new sand etc in the block paving as its only been down 3 weeks.Is it common for new block paving to get this or is it only me.
Thanks Shaun.

Sponsored Links
Not sure they'll do any harm long term tbh, my last drive always seemed to have mounds of sand appearing though the blocks never sunk whilst I was there (10 years).

You could try Nemaysis http://www.nemasysinfo.com/ants.shtml though if you're that bothered.

I've used they're products although not for ants and on a lawn but they will kill any ants they come into contact with.

Hey,

Had the same problem in the path leading down to my house. I bought some 'magic sand' to seal the joints with. No ants, no weeds!

If you google 'block paving magic sand' you'll find plenty of suppliers.

You brush it into the joints and it cures hard. I've jet washed it loads and no problems.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back