Block Paving quote - realistic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - first post - so be gentle! ;)

I have a front garden that I want to block pave - it is 49m2 in total and is currently part grass and part shabby tarmac for one car - I have received a quote of £3200 which includes all the work from start to finish, knocking down and rebuilding a small wall ( 3 bricks high and six foot long) - I am told this will include all the appropriate channelling for the water to run off, kerbing and manhole cover etc. oh and choice of bricks etc.

Now you know the next part - is this quote reasonable ?- I am based just outside Birmingham. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit too cheap to me. What are they going to do about digging down and filling the hole with roadstone and compacting it? It'll sink if it's not done right. Get it in writing and then come back.

You need to know exactly what they propose to do - depth of excavation, depth of roadstone, depth of sand etc.

Oh and don't forget - you are in 'Traveller' territory.

Haha I do understand what you say about being in "travellers " territory but the builder is the relative of a work colleague.

The price is I suppose roughly "mate rates" and on the condition I have it completed before xmas which is a quiet period where he has no work on.

He does have a good reputation and I know the job will be done right - mainly because I have seen some of his work and the fact I will sack his relative if not ;)

Didnt want to say this originally as I wanted to gauge if the quote was competative or not - thanks for the advice joe-90.

Sponsored Links
Quote " He does have a good reputation and I know the job will be done right

Then take up the offer....no good getting somebody £100 cheaper and its a pile of ****

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back