Block Planter Near Down Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So here's the thing...the rear of my garage is in my back garden, as you stand in the garden looking at the house, the garage is to the left of the house and to the left side of the garage is a down pipe into the lawn taking rain water to who knows where, with a fence running back up the garden. We would like to build block planters (rendered) across the back of the garage and create a return along the fence to create some L shaped seating. Initial questions are:
Can I build the planters tight to the garage wall with appropriate DPC membrane between?
Doing so would lead to an issue as I come to down pipe as I would have to start the return before I get to the down pipe. This would then mean the only access to the downpipe would be via next door by removing the fence panel. Are there any rules & regs on this?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Danno283, good evening.

How about considering free standing planters or troughs ?

We have some, and you end up with two layers of plants of your choosing in the planter and on the tray below.

At a guess?? using planters will cost less than a fixed construction and cause less problems going forward.

There are a load of variations on what sort of Planter / trough / ladder you can have?

ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back