Will soil affect plastic down pipe around the base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have two plastic down pipes on side of house.
I want to build a sort of retaining wall/planter. But this would mean the drain pipe will be down the side of house and into the planter then proceed into the ground (No grid cover).

Will this damage the pipe or rot away the base etc.

So basically, I want to layer up on soil to approx 2 brick down from the bracket on the left pipe (below damp proof).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No problem because you have bung type connectors between the pipe and the gulley. Aside from access should it be needed at some point in the future.

Sponsored Links
You could extend the 4" pipe to your new ground level with these:

IMG_0251.PNG

No problem because you have bung type connectors between the pipe and the gulley. Aside from access should it be needed at some point in the future.
Very true - I don't like the offset on the left pipe, which will be buried, and likely to block. Why are there 2 pipes in close proximity? I would investigate underground and go with Ian's idea. Maybe even joining the 2 pipes together above ground . Could you post a pic. of higher up so we can see where they come from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back