Blocked drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've got a blocked drain outside the back door of my house. It's the drain that takes the waste water from the sink and dishwasher. Had my had down as far as the u bend and it seems mostly full off fat. I have an inspection cover that is at the side of my house and I have tried ridding back from that towards the drain but no success as I seem to hit a snag where the drain must bend round to the back of the house. I'm thinking that maybe jetting is the only answer and have been quoted £120. Anyone got any other ideas for me to try before I part with my hard earned cash

Sponsored Links
1) Stop putting fat down the drain!

2) You could try plunging the gulley from above

3) Try boiling water into the gulley

Or you could just get it jetted!

2 bottles of one shot would clear it.

Pour both bottles into gully at arms length and do it very slowly. Leave over night then turn the sink taps on.

Wear PPE

Or get it jetted.

Andy

Sponsored Links
2 bottles of one shot would clear the blockage as one shot is heavier than water and would sink and find the blockage, but you would need 2 bottles to fill the gully hence I said that you will need 2 bottles. ;)

Andy

Get it jetted

DO NOT FORGET TO TELL THE JETTING CREW THAT HAVE POURED TWO BOTTLES OF CONCENTRATED SULPHURIC ACID DOWN THE DRAIN

I don't know why you are using sulphuric acid if its a fat problem.

Fat is best dissolved by hot caustic soda!

Tony

I don't know why you are using sulphuric acid if its a fat problem.

Fat is best dissolved by hot caustic soda!

I tried that first before the acid

Get it jetted

DO NOT FORGET TO TELL THE JETTING CREW THAT HAVE POURED TWO BOTTLES OF CONCENTRATED SULPHURIC ACID DOWN THE DRAIN

I will

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back