Blocked Drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Yet another cry for help.

I have recently had the bathroom renovated where they replaced the soil pipe, removing the old cast iron one and replacing with plastic. Next to this soil pipe is a drain that the washing machine, kitchen sink and guttering run into. This has recently become blocked and over flows.

The upstairs shower only runs directly into the soil pipe, this is now not draining well at all and often takes ten or fifteen minutes to drain.

Any thoughts on what may be wrong, hopefully an easy cure, or if not a best 'guestimate' on the price I should pay someone to come and fix it!

Many thanks Alex.

Sponsored Links
To remove a cast iron soil stack, Most people would smash it into smaller pieces with a hammer to ease removal. However, Some people dont bother to cut it at the bottom with a grinder or stihl saw and place something in between to stop shrapnell from going down the drain.

My guess is its blocked by a lump of old soil stack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back