Blocked hot water pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, anyone know of a way to unblock water pipes without physically replacing the pipe itself? I've been having issues with my hot water and the plumber pin-ed it down to a blockage in the pipe (not sure exactly where though) and recommended cutting and replacing sections of the hot water pipes, which sounds like and overkill to me. Just wanted a second opinion. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it the hot water distribution pipe? Or the HW circuit pipes from the boiler to the cylinder?

Is it the hot water distribution pipe? The one that feeds the taps? Are you in a hard water area? If not, it would be interesting to hear what he thinks may have blocked it.

Is it the hot water distribution pipe? The one that feeds the taps? Are you in a hard water area? If not, it would be interesting to hear what he thinks may have blocked it.

Its the hot water distribution pipe, the one that is running from the boiler to the taps and yes i'm in a hard water area (London) however the plumber doesn't think that its scale as the flat is a new build and <5 years old. He could only guess that it might be some sort of construction debris

Sponsored Links
So you have a combi ? Are all the taps effected ?

Do you not have some kind of warranty on the flat if it's less than 5 years old?
The only way I can see it could be done, if it's some type of building material would be to physically clear sections of pipe with a stiff type of wire or something. Otherwise it's replacing it as your plumber has mentioned. Hard to see why a piece of debris would now be causing a blockage though, surely it would have caused it long before now.

I'd be testing it a section by section before replacing, laborious but no other way really IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back