Blocked Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently had the joy of unblocking the drains. Reckon it must have been backed up a while before we noticed and now I'm left with with a blocked waste outlet pipe between the kitchen sink and wherever it joins the sewage pipes. Have tried various ways of pushing through from the sink end but all have failed.

Is there a particular one of these Mr Muscle type drain flushers that any of you would suggest ??

Or any other ideas greatly received.

Regards
Mark

Sponsored Links
If you have access to the wastepipe from outside try pushing the garden hose up it, with the hose turned on, not too much though. Keep feeding it until it wont go any further. Put the washing up bowl in the sink upside down first. This way if the pressure of the hose removes the blockage you wont be covering the kitchen in crap. It's worked for me in the past.

Tip a very large bucket of water from chest height (or higher if poss ask someone to assist you) into your drain and repeat as necessary.
The pressure of the water especially from height forces any blockage along .
Repeat this every month or so to keep drain clear.
Failing that call Drains R Us who charge around £30. :)

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for replies, shall bear in mind for next time !

Have finally managed to trace the waste pipes running outside and found an access cover about 2 feet below ground level ! Once opened found what looked to be solidified polyfilla !! (not put down the sink by me).

Regards
Mark :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back