blood stain on my car seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tumors on my ovaries which cause very HEAVY BLEEDING therefore I have caused a really unsightly stain on my car seat I have tried to remove the blood short of bleach (not very goood idea) and nothing...Can anyone help?Please

Sponsored Links
Can't you get special stain removal agents from somewhere like Wal-mart? They should be with the other soap powders somewhere but just ask a friendly wal-mart employee if you can't find it!

you could try a carpet cleaner machine that has a nozzle attachment, although i would think that a surgeon might do a better job :eek:

Sponsored Links
Open your yellow pages phone directory to "Janitorial Equipment & Supplies".

Most of the places listed there will sell carpet cleaning chemicals to the carpet cleaning contractors in your area. Any company selling carpet cleaning chemicals will also sell "spotting solutions", which are bottles of cleaners prepared specifically for removing certain kinds of stains. Ask for a spotting solution to remove blood. (You can get different spotting solutions for different kinds of stains.)

Now, apply the spotting solution to the stain and follow the directions on the bottle.

You don't need to rent a carpet shampoo'er or upholstery attachment to remove the stain. Just press the suction hose from a wet/dry vaccuum cleaner against the wet upholstery to pull the cleaning solution (and hopefully the stain) out of the upholstery.

Also, if possible, try to buy from a Janitorial Supply store that also operates a Janitorial Service business as well. Many of them do. That way, if the guy behind the counter does know enough to answer your questions or give advice, then he'll know who to send you to in the Janitorial Service side of the business (where they actually use the cleaning products they sell every day.)

Ramsey and ChemSpec are well respected names in the carpet cleaning industry in North America, and any place selling Ramsey or ChemSpec products will have people on staff that are knowledgeable about cleaning carpeting and who should be able to answer all your questions about using a spotting solution and a wet/dry vaccuum cleaner to remove a blood stain from car upholstery. If you phone up any of the carpet cleaning contractors in your area, they'll give you good advice on which places have the most knowledgable staff and where best to buy your spotting solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back