bloody room thermostat!!!!!!!!!!!! honeywell>drayton

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
took on what seem to be an easy task of swapping a honeywell room thermostat for a drayton combi-stat rts8. i have 4 wires red (live) blue(neutral) yellow (heating demand) and earth, in honeywell red was wired to pin 1 , blue to pin 2 and yellow to pin 3 , earth not used, instructions for the drayton say live to the live terminal neutral to neutral and heating demand to pin 3 ,done this and guess what?? nothing no bloody c/h i really i cant see where the problem lays , is there a way of taking the room thermostat out of the circiut to see if that is where the problem lays or checking my programer becuase that might have gone blonkty blonk,i was wondering aswell if there is anyway i could damage the boilers pcb by changing the room thermostat.

cheers you clever bunch of people

Sponsored Links
Why aint you checking which is live in and out plus N with your multimeter ? to see what is actually doing what.

problem sorted diverter valve head knackered , pumping against a closed valve , opened manually ,and bobs your uncle ,hot rads after a freezing night.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back