blown light bulb - burning smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I turned a light on the bulb blew - literally, smashed with a bang. There was a smell of burning. I tried a new light bulb, which works OK, but if it is left on for any time there is a smell of burning.

Help ! I am widowed and don't know what to do, I don't want to get ripped off by someone.

Sponsored Links
Bulbs sometimes blow the way you've experienced, usually as a result of a manufacturing problem. The burning smell could be a number of things, for instance when the light bulb blew it may have left a residue on the lamp holder or it could be a more significant problem. As this is obviously a worry to you, it's probably in your interest to get a qualified electrician in to look it over, after all piece of mind is priceless. If you're worried about getting a fair deal, try and find a friend that can recommend someone or call a company you know that has a good reputation. Remember that the vast majority of qualified electricians will not rip you off, after all they want to keep their customers happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back