blown plaster? why?

I can see old paint on the back of the plaster which has fallen off

On the exposed area, I cant really see a sheen (I initially thought that i could), just another layer of old paint

I know he applied PVA the day before, but he hasnt scored the old plaster, so there isnt a physical key

Sponsored Links
I can see old paint on the back of the plaster which has fallen off

On the exposed area, I cant really see a sheen (I initially thought that i could), just another layer of old paint

I know he applied PVA the day before, but he hasnt scored the old plaster, so there isnt a physical key

If he thought the paint was sound, then I suppose he would in theory have been okay with sealing the day before and skimming onto tacky PVA without the scoring etc, although personally for the little time it takes I would have.

Your problem really is what to do now - are you going to investigate the rest of thr room for live plaster?

thats my problem now, if you pick at the plaster, it comes off wihout too much effort

if the whole room is like that then I'm back to square one really, very annoyed, so not too sure what to do.

i guess, either get it all re-skimmed or paper it with lining paper

I can see old paint on the back of the plaster which has fallen off --- I know he applied PVA the day before, but he hasnt scored the old plaster, so there isnt a physical key
That's the one ;) Blimey, I don't think I've ever seen so many posts on a plastering thread in so short a time before, you truly are spoilt for choice! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
lol, thanks RC and thanks everyone else for your help/advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back