BMW E46 Multichanger Help Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I have recently fitted a 6 disc original bmw multi changer that sits in the boot in the compartement of my 3 series e46 1999- the car was pre wired and i thought it was a matter of putting the plugs into the back of the cd multichanger but the head unit when trying to change modes says No Magazine - so I reckon the head unit its picking up the multichanger but no power seems to be going to it from the original factory wiring as it wont eject the magazine cartridge-

Anyone any ideas on how to resolve this

Cheers Ian :cool: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
is there a fuse missing / blown? They might not have fitted a fuse, in order that the wire remains dead until such time that a cd changer is fitted, so it wont cause any shorts.

Hi
thanks for your reply do you know if there will be an inline fuse on the factory wiring ??- i have just got the car and i am not even sure where the main fuse box is situated to check if there is a blank space for a fuse for the multi changer
do you know where the main fuse box is in the E46 models ?

cheers Ian

no idea. Try behind the glove box, next to the drivers door and steering column, next to the battery under a cover.

Not heard of cars being fitted with inline fuses from new. Inline fuses usually used for ameteur add-ons ;)

Sponsored Links
the factory leads in the boot - 2 factory leads fit into the back of the cd changer - the head unit is now reading cd check so i reckon its all connected at the back of the head unit to control the changer but just no power at changer even to eject the cd magazine which makes me think is there a spare slot in the fuse box to add a fuse to complete the circuit

curdy123 said:
Hi there
I have recently fitted a 6 disc original bmw multi changer that sits in the boot in the compartement of my 3 series e46 1999- the car was pre wired and i thought it was a matter of putting the plugs into the back of the cd multichanger but the head unit when trying to change modes says No Magazine - so I reckon the head unit its picking up the multichanger but no power seems to be going to it from the original factory wiring as it wont eject the magazine cartridge-

Anyone any ideas on how to resolve this

Cheers Ian :cool: :LOL:

If you do get to the bottom of this, can you please let me know as I have exactly the same problem. Do you get a noise when you try to eject the cartridge - as though it's trying to eject but can't?

Cheers,
Bryan

Sponsored Links
Back