board prep

I scrim then fill out the tapers because I had clear channels where they were if i didn't do this. although I aint a plasterer, I just learnt to skim for my own benefit.

Sponsored Links
As steve says, I never have had a problem skimming t/e board. if anything it helps if the stud or stcking is a bit off, because the scrim at the joint is a buried.

rich on sq edge do you bother doing the joints first just before first coat or just as you go..and then second coat.
so just scrim, then two coats?
Blimey that's a lot of replies :eek:
As I said I skim the tape over first as I go with the 1st coat. Where I am, it’s availability of taper edge that seems to be in decline. All the work I do usually involves me doing the studwork & I always do my own boarding out. I never get any tape grinning through, it’s either going to be due to the boards not being level or being too tight with the skim :LOL: ! Obviously lots of individual views here, pay yer money & take yer choice; personally I never use taper edge, can’t see the point of making any more work than you have to. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back