Bodging a plasterboard repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the kitchen, I noticed a bulge developing about two years ago. I tracked it down to a leaking sink basin and dodgy waste plumbing (flexible waste hose!). Both things are fixed. SWMBO now wants to me to tackle the kitchen ceiling. It's had time to dry out.

Hnyd3WX.jpg

axLZFAo.jpg

Ideally, I'd get someone in to re-do the whole ceiling. As it stands, it'll be down to me. So my options are either do some sort of repair, wait until I can afford to get someone to do it properly, or just do the whole ceiling myself.

If I try and bodge a repair, what's the best approach?

Sponsored Links
how old is the artex?
assuming your going to tackle it anyway,
cut down the sides of the tape with a sharp stanley knife and remove it.
neat pva the strip thats left and let it dry.
retape the crack with 50mm plasterers scrim tape . get a tub of ready mixed joint filler from b&q and with a 2” spreader - old credit card- or narrow scraper fill the exposed /taped area. don’t force too much into the gap between the boards or itll just want to drop out.
next experiment with a paint roller - sponge or anything that will recreate the existing pattern. don’t be too fussy it’ll all look the same when its painted

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back