boiler advice and price quotation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a quote for a boiler - ideal 30kw - the quote is coming in at £1150. That is supplied and fitted by a gas engineer. The boiler will power 8 radiators. Can someone please comment on the noise levels, efficiency and general reliability of this boiler? Also is there an alternative better roughly same price boiler?

Thanks for any help offered.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: £1150?

Well that's gonna be a pukka job innit? ;)

Don't know what's worse. The price or the boiler.

I think the boiler is! Just done some research and it seems the boiler is a really bad choice. So - it won't be that boiler then eh!

Sponsored Links
£1150, is that plus VAT or is it someone fitting as a homer?

Ideal have a bad reputation in the trade in the view of some but not all. The word on the street is that they have got their act together and are manufacturing more reliable and repair engineer friendly appliances???

The problem with cheap installs normally means cut corners. That will have a knock on effect regarding reliability, efficiency and possibly safety.

Just like what Dan said.

Can someone please comment on the noise levels, efficiency and general reliability of this boiler? Also is there an alternative better roughly same price boiler?

You get what you pay for my friend, if they are fitting an Ideal boiler then I think you are being overcharged.Any boiler fitted will come with a warranty some 3yrs, some 5, Ideal, probably 6 months. It depends on how much money you have to be fair.Don`t get anything like an Ideal, Ravenheat, Glowworm, Heatline, mostly bad,cheap boilers. Baxi do a decent Duotech for a good price and they are a decent boiler,have fitted a few. ;) Best advice for you would be to buy boiler yourself then pay labour only to have it fitted.Plenty on here will advise on best boiler for your needs if you post your Hot water/heating set up currently.

Can someone please comment on the noise levels, efficiency and general reliability of this boiler? Also is there an alternative better roughly same price boiler?

You get what you pay for my friend, if they are fitting an Ideal boiler then I think you are being overcharged.Any boiler fitted will come with a warranty some 3yrs, some 5, Ideal, probably 6 months. It depends on how much money you have to be fair.Don`t get anything like an Ideal, Ravenheat, Glowworm, Heatline, mostly bad,cheap boilers. Baxi do a decent Duotech for a good price and they are a decent boiler,have fitted a few. ;) Best advice for you would be to buy boiler yourself then pay labour only to have it fitted.Plenty on here will advise on best boiler for your needs if you post your Hot water/heating set up currently.

Can I add any Worcester Tupperware Bosch to your list of cr.p boiler luv??!!
You're on the money with the Baxi, great boiler but as ugly as feck. The Ideal May or may not be a shed, but it looks the part when it's up on the wall!
I'd fit an Intergas & forget all the other rubbish out there.

I totally agree with the intergas. I have one in my own house. There simplistic and good boilers. However Im looking to fit a boiler in my property which I rent out, hence an ideal boiler.

I totally agree with the intergas. I have one in my own house. There simplistic and good boilers. However Im looking to fit a boiler in my property which I rent out, hence an ideal boiler.

I can totally understand your thinking mate. Though I've not fitted any of the Logic range, I have serviced one or two & thought they looked quite good, all self-contained with fairly good quality brassware etc.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

My house set-up is as follows: 8 radiators, 1 shower powered off boiler, kitchen and bathroom. I hope this helps. I need to buy a boiler next urgently. Also please tell me the questions I need to ask the gas engineer to sus if he's experienced or not?

go to somewhere like which Local which is where people share experiences to find an installer, or ask friends..

as you rightly point out just because he is gas safe registered it doesn't mean that he would be any good on anything other than gas!

TBH, I think Im gonna have to take a risk. The fact that my boiler can pack in any minute is worrying me. I have very good tenants that I do not want to inconvenience. For this reason I must get this boiler changed next week. I would be really really obliged if the experienced guys can direct me in the right direction in terms of boiler that I should buy.

like it or not employing a tradesman is about the personal relationship more than the product. employ someone who you can communicate with, and is responsive..

I know we love in a throw away society where relations are not valued but if you want a decent tradesman you will make the effort..

Thts true. I do deal with people who I trust and can communicate with. As far as trust, I cannot trust this guy, but I can communicate with him no problem. I am just gonna go with him, all I need is the right product now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back