Boiler advice - What to get?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to put a complete new central heating system into a property. At present is has none. Here is the spec:

It would need to cope with
a family bathroom
an en-suite
a kitchen
a downstairs loo
a utility room

I would like a combi boiler.

Assuming the water pressure is good, what make/model of boiler would you suggest?

Sponsored Links
Two showers not compatible with a combi unless one's electric AND your mains is good.

Its not a "spec" which has been listed, its a list of requirements, and that is whats needed.

A combi boiler is unsuitable for all those outlets. Unless you are hoping to do the work yourself, take the advice of a competent plumber who can measure the mains flow rate and advise accordingly.

An unvented cylinder and loft cistern will be more suitable based on the info you have given.

Tony

Sponsored Links
potterton promax 33 HE combi boiler would do the job but as the others have said you would need to have a good incoming main pressure ??? :rolleyes:

Wonderful as a Potterton Engineer will think a promax 33 will be, surely it cannot give the DHW flow rate required by ALL these outlets at the same time ??? I thought it gave about 13.7 li/min ???

To remind you the list comprises ( and I have added the typical DHW usage ):-

a family bathroom Bath taps 20 li/min
an en-suite bath taps 20 li/min
a kitchen sink taps 6 li/min
a downstairs loo basin taps 4 li/min
a utility room WMC 6 li/min
total 56 li/min

Even if we restrict the bath taps to 10 li/min thats still 36 li/min

Those Promax must be even better than the CD they sent me says!!!

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
Wonderful as a Potterton Engineer will think a promax 33 will be, surely it cannot give the DHW flow rate required by ALL these outlets at the same time ??? I thought it gave about 13.7 li/min ???

total 56 li/min

Tony Glazier

Not getting anti-combi m8 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: you sound like me

Combi's were made for flats, they haven't changed ;) ;)

Not at all John!

A combi is a wonderful solution for a small house or flat with no more than ONE bathroom! High efficiency, hot water in a few seconds, minimal space footprint, hot water all day etc.

They can also be used in a hybrid system, combi water to kitchen or shower and cylinder stored water to bath, wmc etc. Ideal!

I am not meant to be posting here John because Kev does not like it! Excuse my silence in future!

Tony

Agile said:
I am not meant to be posting here John because Kev does not like it! Excuse my silence in future! Tony

Don't be silly show him one of these.

galletos.gif

or one of these

arg.gif

and get posting at least you know what your talking about "sometimes" :LOL: :LOL:

Agile said:

total 56 li/min

Tony Glazier

its 16l/min and when are you ever going to be running all the taps at once :confused:

you could go for a Powermax HE but i would advise the 150 model !! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back