Boiler bangs when switched off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester-Bosch 28i Junior combi gives a bang when switching off any hot water tap and also when the central heating goes off. It's done this since it was installed. Any ideas on what is causing it and whether it is likely to cause further problems in the future? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not having a good day, are you corgiman me ol mate? No DV.

WHat sort of bang, Paul? Mechanical clang in the pipes, boiling sort of lumpy bang from the boiler...?

Sponsored Links
Apologies - got the model wrong. It was going to be the junior but then the vertical flue was 3.8 metres which is too long for the 28i junior so they had to install the 28Si which allows a flue of up to 4m. Someone suggested to me that it could be the flue pulsing given that it is so long (is that likely?), but to me it sounds like a muffled bang coming from within the boiler (definitely not the pipes clanging).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back