Boiler brands

Hi muggles.

He advised me to go with a worcester, which was the same advice from another plumber I know.

He does know which size boiler I need and has an idea of the top brands, but as he hasn't been in it long enough he hasn't got enough time under his belt to have his own personal experience.

The other plumber I know has 30+ years experience and can tell me which one to go for from the experience he's had working with many different brands/types.

Hi eaton.

Have you been using these boilers long term with little problem.

Why do you choose them over Worcester.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I choose Viessmann over Worcester every time on a) Price, b) Stainless Heat Exchanger - not Aluminium, c) My local Viessmann rep is a top bloke.

Those in Norwich may have a different opinion to me about the current WB rep....

DH

All Vitodens 100-W boilers now have a five year warranty.

And now you dont even need to have it fitted by an approved installer who has received Viessmann training.

So you can get any Tom, Dick or Harry who has never even seen a Viessmann boiler ( or found out how to get air out of the heat exchanger ) before to fit it.

In fact they have even dumbed down the fault codes for those who dont get the air out so you no longer get an indication of a non activated flow switch!

They were getting too many calls under the warranty from nupty installers who thought the boiler was faulty!

I must be fairly unusual but think that anyone who fits a boiler should know how they work and how to repair them!

They are offering a full five year warranty with the proviso that the boiler is installed correctly and serviced regularly.

Sponsored Links
I have now heard quite a few things about the Viessmann on this site and other places on the net.

Is the 100 model a decent boiler and does it also have a Stainless Heat Exchanger.

Good to hear that they do honour the warranty.

The Viessmann heat exchanger is about the best in any domestic boiler being a SINGLE stainless tube.

Others like Vaillant have three of four tubes in PARALLEL. If one of those gets blocked then you cannot get any flow of chemicals through it to clean it.

But Viessmann spares are pretty expensive. A temp sensor for a Vaillant is about £12 and for a Viessmann about £47 !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back