Boiler burner light (green) keeps going out HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The green indicator light for my burner on my Greenstar Ri boiler keeps going out after I switch on the central heating.

I have balanced all my radiators, bled all air from them, set my thermostat to a required temperature but each time I switch the heating on the burner indicator light initially lights up green but after 5 mins or so the burner and therefore the light go off.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Are the radiator valves all open?

Do they all get hot?

Tony

Thank you for your replies....since my post I have found one radiator that wasn't heating up. The lock shield valve was fully open but when I removed the TVR valve and tapped the stick bit the hot water started coming through. I skso checked the pump and it seems to be running ok. Since I have sorted this last rad and completely bled all the air out it seems to have settled down and has been running for a few hours now. Do you think the system just needed settling down?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back