Boiler Can't Keep Up With Shower Flow. Options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've a Worcester Heatslave 12/14 oil fueled combi boiler and a ShowerForce Victorian T shower which starts to run cold far too quickly for Mrs Pete's liking—I seemingly like a quick and cool(er) shower so it's never really bothered me that much!

The shower is fitted with limiters, which according to the fitting instructions ought to bring flow down to 10 litres/min and the boiler appears factory limited to 15 litres/min, which sounds ok to me on paper but for some reason this doesn't work out.

I presume that this is simply a case of an (undeniably underpowered) boiler not being able to keep up with hot water demand, and that by restricting the flow to the shower, longer, warmer showers will be possible albeit with a less powerful jet.

Is there any reason why ball valves couldn't be fitted to hot and cold pipes leading to the shower to allow flow to be reduced? Do I need to look at some form of pressure reducing valve? There's mention of a "white plastic orifice disc" in the shower instructions, but no mention of when this would be be used. Worth a shot?

Any and all thoughts welcomed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back