shower wafer flow regulator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just fitted a new shower head and hose and the hot water is alternating between hot / cold. I am running from a 24kW combi through a standard shower mixer tap. The old shower hose and head was fine both temperature and flow rate.

It's is obvious that the there is increased water flow with the new head / hose fixture and the combi cannot keep with the hot water demand.

I have been advised to either fit a new hose with a reduced bore size or fit a water flow regulator in-line with the hose.

The issue I have is I don't not know a) what hose bore size to drop down too or b) what water flow regulator flow rate to fit - 8 litres / min, etc. whilst still maintaining an adequate flow rate for a good shower.

Any advice would be welcome.

Neil.

Sponsored Links
As a suggestion:

1. Get shower running at a temperature which suits you.
2. Turn flow on shower down until that temperature is maintained.
3. Measure flow in litres / minute (Time water flow into a bucket, measure what is in bucket)

That will give you the litres per minute your boiler currently supports at the temperature you like. Get a flow limiter to match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back