unrestricted shower head/hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My water flow falls from 6.5Lpm (angle water outlet without the hose connected) to 3.0L pm when going through the shower hose/head. I understand that most hoses/heads restrict the flow.

Where is the restriction normally - head, hose or combination of both? I would like to replace with one that is much less restrictive but struggling to find a model which specifies low restriction on flow. Dont want to go through several just to see.

Any help on what I need to replace (hose or head or both) and suggestions on less restrictive ones would be greatly appreciated

Have a Mira thermostatic Discovery mixer (head and hose supplied with the shower)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
http://www.truerooms.com/PP/D-FR10612.html?ad=GoogleBase

remove it

Thanks that was helpful - however no regulator or restrictor at either end of hose. Checked manual there is a regulator built into the control unit (but only restricts to 12Lpm) but that is not the problem. With the regulator doing its job and my low pressure I get 6.5Lpm out of the unit but restricts to then 3 once passed through hose. Assuming now its just the general build of the hose/head to do that

Are there specific models of heads/hoses that do not restrict??

Thanks for your help

anyone recommend a hose/head that does not restrict as much as mine does

really need to try some but would appreciate any help as dont want to be replacing several to find one

ta

have you tried cleaning head and hose in a mild chemical solution.

see F.A.Q.S for tried n tested mild chemicals

have you tried cleaning head and hose in a mild chemical solution.

see F.A.Q.S for tried n tested mild chemicals

as said a good clean i would go for the head more than anything.
but it is poss the hose has collapsed inside.

what do you get flow wise with only the hose on.

Stupid question but you are measuring the water flow with the outlet at the same height each time?

have cleaned out last week but no different. it is new, only 6 weeks old. Is it normal that the flow falls from 6LPM to 3 once passed through the hose?

will try measuring from just hose as I never thought of that. At least that will reduce problem to hose or head

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back