Boiler Change - BAXI or Potterton

Vaillant is not the brand it used to be. Brutal and relentless cost-cutting has seen quality drop down several notches. Prices remain high. I used to fit nothing else but have not fitted a single one now for about four years. Baxi Duotec is sound. Mr centralheating is good too. Who is fitting your purchase?

My nephew-in-law is gas safe and will fit it for me.

Sponsored Links
Fair enough, suit yourself, you can lead a horse to water...just seems an odd logic - "I've not heard of it, so I'm not going to bother to find out whether it's any good, I'm just going to reject it out of hand because it's not previously entered my bubble"

You are being silly. I've just read up a bit on the product. It does sound good and some of the boiler have 10 year warranty.

The main reason I won't go with the company is my husband has the final say - it's his rental property and his money. He is more cautious than me.

I'm not at all - your words were "I've never heard of Rapid before so I'm going to steer clear of that". But if you'd rather have a product from a company you've previously had issues with because that's somehow a more cautious approach then carry on. As you said, it's your money (or his)!

Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it's no good. Intergas have just won Product Of The Year at the industry H&V Awards - Baxi weren't even finalists. Warranty is the same length as the Baxi if you pay the extra £125, and you'll get a boiler that is simpler to work on and cheaper to run if you go for an Intergas.
Doesn't really matter does it....99% of the general public haven't heard of intergas nor have 80% of installers.....:)
Intergas certainly didn't win product of the year due to public appraisal nor installer appraisal come to that....those brown envelopes might of had some bearing on it though eh..;)

duotec has been about for ten years and was boiler of the year for about 3 years running its a well proven boiler so why would the customer go to the additional expense of altering all the the pipework etc instead of just the hour it will take to put on existing jig to fit a boiler that as wizard says is fitted in very small numbers in comparision to the duotec by a limited number of installers

Sponsored Links
Good news. Baxi are actually going to fix the boiler! £30 per month on a 12 month contract which will cover repairs up to £1500. All repairs guaranteed.

.those brown envelopes might of had some bearing on it though eh..;)

obviously didnt stuff an envelope full enough for the 'which' magazine then eh? we all know what the preferred choice of the installer is, its not the preferred choice of a repairer tho!

ariston boilers have a 12 year warranty. and according to their area sales manager,no wriggle out clauses. filthy water, undersized ev vessels all covered. bargain!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back