Boiler cutting out

PS, did you lock the three port valve (or two port valve/valves) in the open position whilst filling the system, and is there a bleed off point at the pipes that enter the Hot Water Cylinder?

Errr... Sorry, you've lost me. First plumbing project and all that... ;)

I have a tap in the loft which is the entrance to the f&e tank so I turned that off (same effect as tiening up the ball thingy). Then started draining it from the drain cock (?) at the bottom of my stairs. I opened up the radiator bleed valves when they didn't produce water so it sould push the water down and out faster. Then when it's all out, I cleaned the f&e tank, put in my cleanser, closed all the bleed valves, and opened up the f&e tap. Then went through and bled the radiators to get all the air out (!), then turned it on again. Only to disover this little air pocket is still left. Arrrgggghhhhh :oops:

Sponsored Links
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd post up my solution in case anyone else has the problem...

Basically, I hired out a power flush machine and ran that across the whole system. It's totally cleared out all sludge from my system and also any air. The heating is so warm now and it wasn't that hard to do at all. If I knew such a machine existed before my initial drain, I would totally have done that first.

Thanx for all the help guys, am glad it's all over :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back