Boiler drain pipe has been dripping for 3 days now...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Chaffateaux and Maury Britony Combi SE boiler. Whenever the temperature outside drops, our water supply is ice cold. Then the pressure meter shows 0. I then, loosen a screw under the boiler to raise the pressure to be between 1 and 2. This brings back the hot water.

I have had to to this about 3 times in last 2 months. I did this last in the Christmas weekend and I now see that the boiler drain pipe outside the house is dripping water. Initially, I thought it would stop but now it has been 3 days and the footpath where this is draining is constantly wet.

Can you please tell me why it is dripping. Is this early sign of something going wrong?

Sponsored Links
are you sure it is the drain pipe, if so then then drain valve is passing and needs to be tightened, or opened then closed briefly to release dirt, not sure if it could be a pressure relief pipe as i don't know the boiler, if it is you need someone out to fix it i'm afraid

If it is dripping regardless of the pressure reading, then replace the PRV.

If it keeps going to 3 Bar or more quickly, then drips etc, follow Craigs advice and look in FAQ's on checking your expansion vessel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back