Boiler engineer sought in Manchester area for old Vaillant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Vaillant combi bolier, I think it's a VCW 242 EH which in general has given me little trouble. Over the last few years though it has started losing pressure and has got to the point where it's a real nuisance and needs topping up every time it's used.

It's been suggested that the problem is most likely to be caused by the expansion vessel and I further understand that there are likely to be two possibilities .. either it can be repressurised or I should fit a standard 12 ltr vessel to the heating return pipe near to the boiler.

Is there anyone who'd be interested in quoting for the above?

Sponsored Links
Re pressurising the expansion vessel is something you can do your self.

is there any water dripping from the boiler on the left hand side??

Re pressurising the expansion vessel is something you can do your self.

is there any water dripping from the boiler on the left hand side??

I read the FAQ and I'm just not confident enough nor competent enough to do it. There's no water dripping from the boiler to the best of my knowledge. IIRC the heat exchanger was on the left hand side but was replaced about a month ago.

You say youre from cheshire but ask for engineer in Manchester, now either youre trying to seem posher than you actually are, or youve got one or the other wrong :)

To quote for this job, i need to know are you MCR or CHSR because if you aint in an M post code and youve a cheshire one its twice the price you posh git :LOL:

Anyway, have you not thought of replacing it????

Sponsored Links
You say youre from cheshire but ask for engineer in Manchester, now either youre trying to seem posher than you actually are, or youve got one or the other wrong :)

To quote for this job, i need to know are you MCR or CHSR because if you aint in an M post code and youve a cheshire one its twice the price you posh git :LOL:

Anyway, have you not thought of replacing it????

My post code is M33. And believe me, I don't do 'posh' .. if I was a 'posh git' I'd have the money to replace it :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back