Boiler fault

Sponsored Links
You'll need a Gas Safe registered engineer but sounds like your getting back feed from the room stat at the PCB. A resistor at the PCB terminals should sort it.

I'd say 60 / 70v back from the mid position valve but the solutions the same :)

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone. My problem seems sorted but sorting this one, made other problem appear.
I've called plumber, after consulting Worcester people they fitted a 120 resistor. It stopped the clicking. But after this I discovered that boiler will heat up water without demand, it can heat it up to 84c! I can see exact temperature on our evohome system. First thought was - faulty mid position valve. It has been replaced with a new one but it's still happening. Could this be related to this resistor fitted? It definitely wasn't happening before the clicking problem. Also, boiler fires up for up to 1min when there is no demand from heating/hot water.

Attachments

• IMG20161023165524.jpg
    IMG20161023165524.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 93

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back