Boiler fires but timer off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an Ideal Classic FF350 boiler, the timer is set to turn on the boiler in the morning for a few hours and again early evening.

Works fine during the summer just heats the hot water and during winter months, when it heats the water & radiators. However for a while now, including during the summer months, the boiler fires up even when the timer is set to off.

It fires up, for no apparent reason, both during the downtime in the day and at night.

When its not on the programmed times it fires up for a about 30 seconds every hour so.

During the programmed times when you use hot water, as you would expect, the boiler fires up to heat the added cold water. I've turned the hot water on during the off periods and it doesn't fire up nor do the radiators get warm. Just seems to be random and at a total loss here.

I assume, apart from wasting gas, there is no major problem, but it is beginning to get on our nerves now as we hear the boiler fire up during the night.

Be grateful for any thoughts

Sponsored Links
If you have a frost stat it may have just about got cold enough during the night to fire up the boiler. A bit early in the year though. If this is the problem you may need to adjust it.

Thanks but does it during the summer as well, so presume that is unlikely and I don't think there is a frost stat fitted.....might be wrong though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back